Pregnancy, Labor and Delivery Resources
Every woman's pregnancy, labor, and delivery are unique. Here are some
resources from our team at Livingston HealthCare that may be useful in
helping you through your pregnancy and in preparing for your new arrival.
(View this page for more information about our Family Birth Center.)
These services are designed to provide support for expecting parents and/or parents of newborns who are patients:
- Tour the Family Birth Center: We welcome expecting mothers to tour the Family Birth Center—ask questions about our delivery and postpartum rooms. Family members and/or your support team are welcome to join the tour. To schedule a tour, please call 406.823.6433.
- Livingston HealthCare Prenatal Class Series: We offer a prenatal class series that is FREE for expecting parents. For more information or to register, call 406.823.6660.
- Livingston HealthCare Prenatal Guide: Families delivering at Livingston HealthCare or attending the prenatal class series receive this prenatal guide.
- The Meadowlark Initiative brings together medical care, counseling, care coordination and community services to help you find the right care and stay healthy.
- Resource Library – We have a collection of books and DVD's available to borrow at no cost.
LHC Online Resources:
- Cold & Flu Care in Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
- Anemia in Pregnancy
- Living with Nausea in Pregnancy
- Birth Plan Template
- Family Centered Cesarean Birth
- Mother and Newborn Nursing
- Zika Virus: Protect Yourself and Your Pregnancy
- Instructions for Glucose Tolerance Testing
- Keeping Breast Milk Safe and Healthy
- Meth and Your Baby
- CBD Oil: Is It Safe to Use During Pregnancy and Breastfeeding?
- Pregnancy and Pot: What to Know About the American Academy of Pediatrics' First-Ever Official Guidelines
- Is It Safe to Smoke Pot While Breastfeeding?
- Car Safety Seat Information
- WIC Program Information
- Lactation Consultation: All of the nurses who work in the Family Birth Center are certified lactation counselors. Because of this, there is always someone available 24/7 for consultation over the phone or a one-on-one breastfeeding assessment in person. For more information on breastfeeding or to schedule a consultation, please call 406.823.6433.
- Financial and Inusrance Assistance: Please contact one of our Patient Financial Service representatives at 406.823.6414 to discuss payment options, enrollment for Medicaid or other questions and concerns.
Courses for Purchase
Many of these birth classes offer free previews. Take your time to check out the previews and read the reviews, and choose the selections that you think are the best fit for you:
- Baby Center Childbirth Class: FREE online class.
- Laugh & Learn: This popular series has classes covering labor and delivery, breastfeeding, and newborn care. Classes can be purchased in DVD format or online, and you can choose to do one or purchase the collection. Free previews are available on YouTube.
- Dr. Barbara Luke: Maternity-for-Multiples: Great parenting and nutrition resource for parents of twins.