Trails Rx Wildflower Bonanza
About This Event
- Event Type:General
This hike takes place in one of the official Custer/Gallatin National Forest
Wildflower Viewing Sites, with lush wildflower stands and spectacular
views of the Absaroka Mountain Range across the Paradise Valley. This is a moderately strenuous outing, not recommended for young children.
The hike is 5 miles of walking with a high point of 7,500 feet, all on trail. We’ll begin in a forest that burned in 2001, ascend to an open grassland ridge, and continue to climb gently through mountain meadows with rich seasonal displays of wildflowers.
To carpool from Bozeman, meet at 8:15 AM at the softball complex parking lot off Highland Boulevard, across from the Bozeman Health.
To carpool from Livingston, meet at 9 AM in the southeast corner of the Albertsons parking lot.
Rugged vehicles preferred; the road may be muddy and rough.
- The Trails Rx Explore Livingston walks are free to the public.
- Walks will begin promptly at the listed time; arrive a little early to avoid being behind.
- Please bring your own water and snacks.
- Please leave your canine friends at home.
- Wildlife encounters, while unlikely, are possible on any of the walks offered; please plan accordingly.