Volunteer at Livingston HealthCare
Volunteers assist patients and employees in various departments of the
hospital and clinic. Volunteers may be responsible for escorting, transporting,
and assisting patients or visitors; directly supporting employees and
clinical staff; assisting community events or large projects on an as-needed
basis. Volunteer commitment is typically at least one shift of four hours per week.
Essential functions, duties, and responsibilities:
- Greet and provide information to patients and visitors.
- Escort or transport patients and visitors to various departments.
- Assist clinical departments with patient transportation.
- Assist clinical departments with monitoring fall risk patients, helping
patients fill out meal menu, provide travelling library service or reading
to patients, and assisting with patient safety and orientation.
- Assist clinical departments with staff functions including: answering phone
calls, restocking medical supplies, wheelchair and transport tracking,
and scanning documents.
- Assist with community events or large projects on as needed including:
Annual Fall Health Festival, Farmers Market, trail maintenance and clean
up, gardening and landscaping, and administrative duties.
In addition to performing the above duties, volunteers must take responsibility
for patient care and safety by attending the appropriate training services,
- Orientation and other compliance/privacy/security/educational sessions.
- Strict adherence to confidentiality and HIPAA requirements.
All volunteers must complete a background check, functional agility test,
PPD test, and volunteer orientation before service can begin.
Like employees, volunteers are expected to uphold a certain code of conduct.
These standards are an important part of Livingston HealthCare as they
influence the quality of treatment and care our patients receive.
Responsibilities for all volunteers and employees:
- Supports and models individual behavior consistent with the mission, vision
and values of Livingston HealthCare’s Standards of Excellence.
- Demonstrates commitment to customer service.
- Builds effective working relationships and treat others with respect.
- Interacts with customers (patients, co-workers and visitors) in a warm
and friendly way.
- Takes immediate action to meet customers’ needs or requests.
- Listens to understand what customers have to say.
- Demonstrates and encourages an open and effective communication and teamwork
throughout the organization.
- Adheres to Livingston HealthCare’s Code of Conduct and Livingston
HealthCare and departmental compliance policies.
- Communicates with the volunteer coordinator or primary department contact
person in the event of an unexpected absence or schedule change.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to
describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not
be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements which
may be inherent in the position.
All volunteer applicants must have:
- Knowledge of basic office functions and technology.
- Good verbal and written skills with attention to detail.
- Must treat patient, employee, clinic and hospital information as confidential.
- Positive attitude and flexibility, team player, cooperative, and customer focused.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- Previous volunteering or community service experience
- Previous office or medical experience.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Mature personality with sense of responsibility and integrity, and a desire
to serve their community.
- Position requires standing for long periods of time, walking, stooping,
kneeling, crouching, and pushing wheelchairs with/without patients.
- Frequently required to reach with hands and arms while sitting or standing.
- May regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities of close vision, distance vision, and depth perception required.
Machinery and Equipment
Position requires the operation of a possible combination of the following
equipment: computer, photocopy machine, fax machine, telephone, printer,
Contact Us for More Information
Our volunteer center is managed by the Livingston HealthCare Foundation.
We are happy to answer any questions you may have about volunteer opportunities.
Please contact us at
Volunteer@LivingstonHealthCare.org or call 406.823.6648.