MAKE A GIFT THAT RETURNS YOUR PROPERTY TO YOU LATER IN LIFE
GIVE THROUGH A CHARITABLE LEAD TRUST
Establishing a charitable lead trust enables you to make annual gifts to Livingston HealthCare Foundation for a period of years. At the end of that time period, the remainder in the trust would be returned to you or distributed to your family. Many asset types may be used to fund a charitable lead trust, however, there are details to be considered, so please consult with your own attorney and/or tax advisor before you decide what method of giving is right for your situation.
Allen and Becky have done well financially and are concerned about estate taxes. They also want to support their Park County community by giving to Livingston HealthCare Foundation. By creating a charitable lead trust, they generate annual gifts to Livingston HealthCare Foundation from the trust, while reducing the taxable value of the assets they will pass to their heirs through the trust. The lead trust enables them to lower their estate taxes and support Livingston HealthCare.
A charitable lead trust allows you to:
- Make annual gifts to Livingston Healthcare Foundation from the trust
- Receive an income tax deduction (for certain types of lead trusts)
- Receive remaining trust assets back or pass them on to your family upon the termination of the trust
- Receive a possible reduction in estate taxes
- Qualify for substantial gift-tax savings by discounting the value of the assets that will pass to your heirs
For More Information
For more information on supporting Livingston Healthcare Foundation through a planned gift, please contact Jessie Wilcox at 406.823.6256 or by email at jessica.wilcox@LivingstonHealthCare.org. Livingston Healthcare Foundation is a fully qualified 501(c)3 charitable organization under IRS regulations. Your investment is tax-deductible to the fullest extent provided by law.