Every woman's pregnancy, labor, and delivery are unique. Here are some resources that may be useful in helping you through your pregnancy and in preparing for your new arrival.
Livingston HealthCare Resources
- Tour the Family Birth Center: We welcome expecting mothers to tour the Family Birth Center. Ask questions about our delivery and postpartum rooms. Family members and/or your support team are welcome to join the tour. To schedule a tour, please call 406-823-6660.
- Livingston HealthCare Prenatal Class Series: We offer a prenatal class series that is FREE for expecting parents. For more information or to register, call 406-823-6660.
- Livingston HealthCare Prenatal Guide: Families delivering at Livingston HealthCare or attending the prenatal class series receive this prenatal guide.
- Resource Library - we have a collection of books and DVD's available to borrow at no cost.
- Lactation Consultation: All of the nurses who work in the Family Birth Center are Certified Lactation Counselors. This means that someone is there 24/7 for either a phone consultation or to set up a one-to-one breastfeeding assessment. For more information on breastfeeding or to schedule a consultation please call 406-823-6433. Also, check out this informational video on breastfeeding, featuring our Family Birth Center Manager Mary Boyd, RN.
Courses for Purchase
Many of these birth classes offer free previews. Take your time to check out the previews and read the reviews, and choose the selections that you think are the best fit for you.
- Baby Center Childbirth Class: FREE online class.
- Laugh & Learn: This popular series has classes covering labor and delivery, breastfeeding, and newborn care. Classes can be purchased in DVD format or online, and you can choose to do one or purchase the collection. Free previews are available on YouTube.
- Get Ready for Birth: This basic childbirth and Lamaze class is on a single DVD and is offered for $39.
- The Best Birth: Another well-reviewed class, this one offers a free online preview and can be purchased on DVD or online for $34.99. An electronic illustrated guide comes with the class, and there is also an additional book you can purchase for $12.95.
- Dr. Barbara Luke: Maternity-for-Multiples: Great parenting and nutrition resource for parents of twins.