Responsible for professional Radiographic examinations as ordered by the
physician and as outlined in the Imaging Services Department Policy and
Procedure Manual and in accordance with the Montana Licensure Act for
Radiologic Technologists. The RadiologicTechnologist has the responsibility
of being competent in General Radiography, Computed Tomography, C-arm
and fluoroscopy procedures. Radioloigc Technologist will adhere and comply
with Livingston Healthcares On call Policy.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Transports Patients to and from radiology department.
- Prepare patients for procedures, including taking a medical history and
answering questions about the procedure.
- Prepare all radiographs for interpretation.
- Adheres to the ARRT's Standard of Ethics.
- Performs all required Quality Assurance procedures and daily check off
sheets, as needed.
- Performs all necessary clerical duties in the department.
- Responsible for radiation protection for patients and personnel in the
- Is responsible for care and safety of all patients in the department.
- Is responsible for the preparation of all contrast media and essential
supplies as needed for each exam.
- Cleans and maintains equipment in Department.
- Complies with polices, protocols, and procedures within each assigned modality.
- Responsible for attending at least 70% of radiology and staff meetings.
- Annual completion of all required educational competencies.
- Attends all mandatory in-service classes.
OTHER FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF ALL EMPLOYEES:
1.Supports and models individual behavior consistent with the Standards
of Excellence and the mission, vision and values of Livingston HealthCare.
2.Demonstrates commitment to customer service by:
- Building effective working relationships and treating others with respect
- Interacting with customers (Patients, co-workers and visitors) in a warm
and friendly way.
- Taking immediate action to meet customers’ needs or requests.
- Attentive to each customer concern.
3.Demonstrates and encourages an ethic of open and effective communication
and teamwork throughout the organization
4.Adheres to Livingston HealthCare’s Code of Conduct and Livingston
HealthCare and departmental compliance policies.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to
describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not
be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements which
may be inherent in the position.