The Nurse Manager Infusion Services is responsible for the management of
nursing practice and the management and operations of the Infusion Service
Line/Department. This includes, but is not limited to, the management
of nursing practice, staff recruitment/retention, supply chain, budget
planning and adherence, employee performance evaluations, quality improvement,
medical records documentation, internal and external regulatory and survey
The Nurse Manager collaborates with multiple professionals both within
the facility and externally to support and coordinate the provision and
management of patient care. Advocates for patients and families by mobilizing
appropriate resources in a timely manner that are tailored to individual
patient care. Identifies gaps in service and addresses them.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Staffs the department in clinical role as needed.
- Purposefully conducts all aspects of the job in an ethical manner in support
of LHC’s commitment to the Standards of Excellence in all areas
of personal and professional activities.
- Maintains current knowledge of trends and advances in nursing practice
as it relates to the Infusion Service line, assuring patients receive
current standards of care.
- Working with the VP of Ambulatory Services, ensures adherence to all state
and federal regulations and compliance standards.
- Provides service recovery as needed, promptly responding to patient concerns
with compassion, kindness, empathy, and patience.
- Spearheads and implements Quality Improvement projects within the department
and across departmental lines.
- Facilitates regularly scheduled staff meetings, seeking input for operational
- Identifies opportunities for service line growth; leads initiatives to
- Working with the VP of Ambulatory Services, coordinates Oncology Outreach
Providers and schedules clinic coverage. Facilitates and manages the TeleMed
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, orientation, on-boarding, and retention
of staff. Demonstrates leadership through coaching, performance evaluations,
corrective actions, and development opportunities. Motivates employees
to achieve peak productivity and performance.
- Oversees supervision of departmental personnel, which included developing
staffing schedules based on departmental needs taking into account the
level of staff expertise and patient complexity.
- Establishes and maintains departmental policies, protocols, and guidelines
to ensure adherence to professional standards as well as evidence-based practice.
- Utilizes patient satisfaction scores to identify successes and opportunities
for performance improvement while consistently providing feedback and
education to staff.
- Develops and manages the department’s budget; proactively seeking
methods to improve financial performance.
- Proactively responds to change and promotes enthusiasm for change. Demonstrates
initiative and responsibility to develop professional goals/objectives.
- Performs other duties as deemed necessary.
- Facilitates TeleMed Oncology appointments.
- Attends monthly Department Managers’ Meeting, unless prior excused.
- Attends all mandatory in-service classes as assigned.
- Completes all annual required educational competencies.