Maintenance Mechanic Level I is responsible for the daily mechanical operations
of the hospital-owned buildings, physical plant and grounds. Licensed
to maintain high-pressure boiler and associated equipment. Additional
work to be performed as needed to ensure smooth operation of hospital facility.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Inspection repair, trouble-shooting and preventive maintenance of electrical
plumbing HVAC systems.
- Operation, inspection, repair and preventive maintenance of machinery,
tools, law equipment.
- Upkeep, repair, and remodeling of physical structures using hand tools,
power tools, and carpentry tools.
- Support of fire suppression systems and application of fire safety practices.
- Completion of work orders, folders and paperwork to document maintenance
- Any additional related duties as assigned by the Plant Supervisor or Plant
- Delivery of supplies, furniture equipment to departments in and out of
- Collection of garbage and hazardous waste.
- Be available for work outside of scheduled shifts.
- Assist housekeeping with floor care and other miscellaneous assignments
OTHER FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF ALL EMPLOYEES:
- Supports and models individual behavior consistent with the mission, vision
and values of Livingston HealthCare.
Demonstrates commitment to customer service by:
- Building effective working relationships and treating others with respect
- Interacting with customers (Patients, co-workers and visitors) in a warm
and friendly way.
- Taking immediate action to meet customers’ needs or requests.
- Attentive to each customer concern.
- Demonstrates and encourages an ethic of open and effective communication
and teamwork throughout the organization
- Adheres to Livingston HealthCare’s Code of Conduct and Livingston
HealthCare and departmental compliance policies.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to
describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not
be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements which
may be inherent in the position.