Provides functional direction to members of the perioperative team to achieve
optimal patient outcomes while optimizing available resources including
surgical case management and perioperative patient care coordination.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
- Manage the surgical area both operationally and fiscally during tour of
duty under direction of Surgical Services Manager.
- Act as a clinical resource for perioperative personnel using current literature
and guidelines, organizational policies and procedures, and regulatory
and accreditation standards.
- Assist perioperative personnel in the evaluation of current practice through
quality and performance improvement activities.
- Demonstrate effective communication and collaboration skills with members
of the perioperative team and other stakeholders.
- Coordinate, facilitate, and manage change within the surgical area under
direction of Surgical Services Manager.
- Serve as a member of a multidisciplinary team in planning perioperative
- Use effective conflict resolution techniques.
- Collect and analyze data applicable to perioperative services to facilitate
collaboration and negotiation with stakeholders.
- Participate in interviews for perioperative personnel selection.
- Assist in evaluating perioperative personnel performance.
- Monitor that necessary personnel, equipment, and supplies are available.
- Provide guidance, support, and constructive feedback to surgical team.
- Pursue professional growth and participate in a professional organization.
- Act as a patient advocate and maintain privacy and confidentiality of individuals
and health information.
OTHER FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF ALL EMPLOYEES:
- Supports and models individual behavior consistent with the Standards of
Excellence and the mission, vision and values of Livingston HealthCare.
Demonstrates commitment to customer service by:
- Building effective working relationships and treating others with respect
- Interacting with customers (Patients, co-workers and visitors) in a warm
and friendly way.
- Taking immediate action to meet customers’ needs or requests.
- Attentive to each customer concern.
- Demonstrates and encourages an ethic of open and effective communication
and teamwork throughout the organization
- Adheres to Livingston HealthCare’s Code of Conduct and Livingston
HealthCare and departmental compliance policies.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to
describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not
be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements which
may be inherent in the position.