The Nurse Assistant (NA) or Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA), under the
direct supervision of an RN, provides patients of all ages with personal
care, assists with activities of daily living and other services necessary
to meet the patient’s health care needs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides personal care to patients and assists patients will all aspects
of activities of daily living and provides postmortem care when required.
- Prepares patient rooms and beds for receiving patients. Orients patient to room.
- Assists in admission, transfer and discharge of patients.
- Assists with transporting patients via wheelchair, stretcher or bed.
- Assists with transferring patients from bed to chair and back, may ambulate
patients within room and/or hallway.
- Upon completion of interventions, documents accurately and thoroughly in
the appropriate area of the patient record.
- Exhibits age appropriate competencies: newborn, child, adolescent, adult
- Assists with collection of urine samples and delivery of specimens to the
- Reports any significant observation or changes in patient condition to the RN.
- Answers call lights promptly.
- Maintains an attractive and comfortable environment for patients with special
consideration to cleanliness of room, ventilation and lighting.
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
- Participates actively in Performance Improvement.
- Responsible for attending all mandatory in-service classes.
- Float to other departments as needed.
OTHER FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF ALL EMPLOYEES:
- Supports and models individual behavior consistent with the Standards of
Excellence and the mission, vision and values of Livingston Healthcare.
Demonstrates commitment to customer service by:
- Building effective working relationships and treating others with respect.
- Interacting with customers (patients, co-workers and visitors) in a warm
and friendly way.
- Taking immediate action to meet customers’ needs or request.
- Attentive to each customer concern.
- Demonstrates and encourages an ethic of open and effective communication
and teamwork throughout the organization.
- Adheres to Livingston HealthCare’s Code of Conduct and Livingston
HealthCare and departmental compliance policies.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to
describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not
be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements which
may be inherent in the position.