This position will be working the front desk at Livingston HealthCare’s
Urgent Care Clinic. Some of the job duties assigned, will be greeting
incoming patients, respectfully and accurately gathering and entering
current patient demographic and insurance information in operating system,
work with upfront tools to verify Insurance eligibility and benefits,
collect copayments and fees after services are rendered, responsible for
processing insurance claims as assigned, provide charge estimates and
Provider network status with patient’s insurance.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reception and front desk duties
- Collecion and accurate entering of patient demographic and insurance information
- Verification of payer eligibility and benefits
- Collection of copayments and fees
- Billing assigned claims, and follow up on accounts
- Prepares and submits adjustment requests to Manager for approval
- Prepares and submits refund requests to Manager.
- Have working knowledge of basic computer systems and be able to navigate
office’s computer network
Work with Urgent care Providers and MA’s providing other appropriate
services as required.
OTHER FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF ALL EMPLOYEES:
- Supports and models individual behavior consistent with the Standards of
Excellence and the mission, vision and values of Livingston HealthCare.
Demonstrates commitment to customer service by:
- Building effective working relationships and treating others with respect
- Interacting with customers (Patients, co-workers and visitors) in a warm
and friendly way.
- Taking immediate action to meet customers’ needs or requests.
- Attentive to each customer concern.
- Demonstrates and encourages an ethic of open and effective communication
and teamwork throughout the organization
- Adheres to Livingston HealthCare’s Code of Conduct and Livingston
HealthCare and departmental compliance policies.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to
describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not
be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements which
may be inherent in the position.