Under the supervision of the Cardiopulmonary Services Supervisor, provide
evaluation, treatment and management of respiratory therapy and life support
to neonates, pediatrics, adolescents, adults and geriatric patients in
accordance with specific physician’s orders, department policies
and procedures. They are also responsible for performing diagnostic tests
of the cardiovascular and pulmonary system to aid physicians in diagnosis
and treatment of abnormalities of the cardiopulmonary system.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be able to use and explain the use of all oxygen, CPAP/bilevel and life
- Perform diagnostic testing: cardiac stress tests, cardiac monitors (holter
monitor, ZIO patch, 30 day event monitor), nocturnal oximetry, automatic
blood pressure monitor, EKG and pulmonary function tests.
- Schedule diagnostic tests and help patient financial services with prior
- Ensure results get to the ordering physician in a timely manner through
scanning and faxing.
- Be able to troubleshoot equipment problems.
- Perform basic life support maneuvers.
- Cleans equipment and package it as required.
- Communicates with supervisor regarding equipment and inventory.
- Maintains CPR, ACLS, PALS and NRP certification.
- On call coverage as required.
- Upon completion of interventions, documents accurately and thoroughly in
the appropriate area of the patient record.
- Annual completion of all required educational competencies.
- Attend all mandatory in-service classes.
- Maintains a clean and safe environment.
- Displays professional attributes including but not limited to, punctuality,
professional demeanor and presentation; cooperation with peers, other
healthcare workers and patients.
- Actively participated in performance improvement.
- Accepts accountability for own actions.
Click here to enter text.
OTHER FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF ALL EMPLOYEES:
- Supports and models individual behavior consistent with the Standards of
Excellence and the mission, vision and values of Livingston Healthcare.
Demonstrates commitment to customer service by:
- Building effective working relationships and treating others with respect.
- Interacting with customers (patients, co-workers and visitors) in a warm
and friendly way.
- Taking immediate action to meet customers’ needs or request.
- Attentive to each customer concern.
- Demonstrates and encourages an ethic of open and effective communication
and teamwork throughout the organization.
- Adheres to Livingston HealthCare’s Code of Conduct and Livingston
HealthCare and departmental compliance policies.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to
describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not
be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements which
may be inherent in the position.