The Emergency Services Technician provides direct patient care under the
direction of the Registered Nurse as defined by the Montana State Board
of Nursing and in accordance with the mission of Livingston HealthCare.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist doctors, nurses and other medical personnel with providing the best
quality emergency care possible to each and every patient.
- Monitor vital signs and document accordingly.
- Collect blood, urine, saliva and stool samples for laboratory analysis
- Clean wounds prior to suturing
- Fit patients for splints, crutches and other devices
- Provide instruments to doctors and nurses as they perform procedures on patients
- Assist with the safe movement of patients, such as from hospital bed to
wheelchair, when necessary.
- Insert peripheral IV catheters.
- Hang IV fluids without additives. (NS, LR, D5LR, D5W, D5NS, D5.45NS).
- With admitting patients into the ER, schedule patient transfers.
- Contact primary care physicians for past health records.
- Schedule appointments with and providing referrals to specialists.
- Assist in restocking supplies, removing waste materials, sanitizing hospital
rooms and tools, and delivering meals.
- Provide relief to the ED admitting clerk.
- Floats to other departments as needed.
OTHER FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF ALL EMPLOYEES:
- Supports and models individual behavior consistent with the Standards of
Excellence and the mission, vision and values of Livingston Healthcare.
Demonstrates commitment to customer service by:
- Building effective working relationships and treating others with respect.
- Interacting with customers (patients, co-workers and visitors) in a warm
and friendly way.
- Taking immediate action to meet customers’ needs or request.
- Attentive to each customer concern.
- Demonstrates and encourages an ethic of open and effective communication
and teamwork throughout the organization.
- Adheres to Livingston HealthCare’s Code of Conduct and Livingston
HealthCare and departmental compliance policies.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to
describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not
be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements which
may be inherent in the position.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Current Montana EMT License.
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS:
Previous Emergency Department experience.