Reporting to the Acute Care Manager, the House Supervisor is responsible
for assisting the management team with promoting and maintaining quality
patient care through effective management of the daily operations in the
hospital during the scheduled shift in accordance with the mission of
Livingston HealthCare. The house supervisor assures and supports the appropriate
use of resources and mentors clinical staff in the provision of quality
patient care including assessing the needs of staff, patients, and families
on site. The house supervisor is responsible for making administrative
decisions, provides direction, and authorizes and acts in the absence
of the department manager and/or hospital administration.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates with the Acute Care Manager or designee to ensure effective
distribution and utilization of nursing personnel for appropriate patient
care by planning staff assignments, providing direct patient care, and
evaluating the outcome of patient care.
- Facilitates a timely patient placement process utilizing the clinical decision
tool along with an acuity adaptable care model.
- Provide clinical support and act as a resource to nursing staff in order
to provide evidenced based nursing care.
- Visits each clinical area to assess effectiveness of nursing operations,
assist with patient care, and provide breaks for nursing staff.
- Assists in the procurement of equipment and supplies required for efficient
and effective patient care.
- Provides staff advice in interpreting and/or executing departmental and
organizational standards, policies, and procedures to facilitate the goals
and objectives of the organization.
- Assists staff nurses in developing and enhancing nursing, priority setting,
and problem solving skills.
- Maintains accurate documentation and facilitates communication to the department
manager regarding the day-to-day activities within the nursing departments
in the hospital.
- Actively participates in the development and implementation of nursing
policies and procedures; provides technical and administrative direction
to all hospital staff regarding policies, protocols and/or procedures.
- Meets with patients, family members, and other customers to discuss concerns
and unmet needs. Works to find resolution and follows through with a course
- Actively participates in employee evaluations.
- Demonstrates competence to perform assigned patient care responsibilities
in a manner that meets the age specific, developmental, and cultural needs
- Coordinates the response to reported incidents including employee injury
- Clinical nursing knowledge and experience in all nursing departments within
the hospital in order to work independently during staffing needs.
- May be expected to take patient assignments.
OTHER FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF ALL EMPLOYEES:
- Supports and models individual behavior consistent with the Standards of
Excellence and the mission, vision and values of Livingston HealthCare.
Demonstrates commitment to customer service by:
- Building effective working relationships and treating others with respect
- Interacting with customers (Patients, co-workers and visitors) in a warm
and friendly way.
- Taking immediate action to meet customers’ needs or requests.
- Attentive to each customer concern.
- Demonstrates and encourages an ethic of open and effective communication
and teamwork throughout the organization
- Adheres to Livingston HealthCare’s Code of Conduct and Livingston
HealthCare and departmental compliance policies.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to
describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not
be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements which
may be inherent in the position.