The Registration Clerk greets, registers, and collects insurance co-pay
and payments for Livingston HealthCare patients. The Registration Clerk
answers and triages incoming phone calls, as well as delivers messages
to departments, clinicians, and providers. The Registration Clerk is also
responsible for scheduling patient appointments and provides daily appointment
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Registers patients using the electronic computer system, including verifying
demographic and insurance information, and organizing encounter and patient
- Schedules appointments timely and makes appointment call back reminders
according to policy.
- Collects upfront payment for Livingston HealthCare, including insurance
co-pay and time of service payments.
- Communicates messages effectively and productively, using the electronic
computer system, to other departments and clinicians, including providers.
- Documents admission, discharge and patient status change information using
the electronic computer system.
- Scans Insurance and Medical Record Information into the Electronic Medical Record.
- The flexibility to work in multiple areas throughout the facility.
- Coordinates patient and visitor customer service, including answering questions,
helping with directions, providing facility knowledge, etc.
- Maintain strict customer confidentiality.
- Treats patients and visitors in a prompt, courteous and helpful manner.
- The ability to multi-task in a high volume, numerous task setting.
- Other duties as assigned.