Maintenance Mechanic Level I is responsible for the daily mechanical operations
of the hospital-owned buildings, physical plant and grounds. Licensed
to maintain high-pressure boiler and associated equipment. Additional
work to be performed as needed to ensure smooth operation of hospital facility.
Essential Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities:
- Inspection repair, trouble-shooting and preventive maintenance of electrical
plumbing HVAC systems.
- Operation, inspection, repair and preventive maintenance of machinery,
tools, law equipment.
- Upkeep, repair, and remodeling of physical structures using hand tools,
power tools, and carpentry tools.
- Support of fire suppression systems and application of fire safety practices.
- Completion of work orders, folders and paperwork to document maintenance
- Any additional related duties as assigned by the Plant Supervisor or Plant
- Delivery of supplies, furniture equipment to departments in and out of
- Collection of garbage and hazardous waste.
- Be available for work outside of scheduled shifts.
- Assist housekeeping with floor care and other miscellaneous assignments