Floor care maintenance duties including but not limited to mopping, striping,
sealing, waxing and buffing tile and hard surfaces. Shampooing and cleaning
of carpets. Maintains assigned areas in a neat, clean and sanitary condition
by utilizing the proper procedures and following appropriate schedule.
Essential Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities:
- Dust mops, and mops floor, cleans carpets and washes walls.
- Cleans, disinfects and deodorizes lavatories
- Dusts and polishes furniture, doors, etc.
- Washing and making beds.
- Moves furniture and equipment including beds, chairs, tables on wheels
as needed to clean.
- Collects linen, empties trash from assigned areas.
- Requisitions supplies.
- Maintains assigned equipment reporting items needing repair to supervisor.
- Mixes, uses and disposes of chemicals following a safe procedure.
- Performs transfer/discharge cleaning as assigned.
- Carries out duties utilizing appropriate safety and security practices.
- Any other duties assigned by the Facility Services Manager.
- Required to cross train as laundry aide.
- Flexible to clean off campus facilities or clinics as assigned.