Patient-centered Nursing Care and Case Management of Home Care and Hospice
patients in the home setting.
Essential Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities:
- Administer skilled nursing care and case management in the home to Home
Care and Hospice patients as authorized by the physician. Develop, implement
and evaluate the nursing care plan for each patient.
- Observe patients for signs and symptoms of complications and report to
- Be responsible for supervision of home health aides and LPN’s assigned
to his/her patients.
- Promote health and well-being of patients through teaching, supervising,
counseling and appropriate preventative and treatment measures.
- Have knowledge of and be willing to utilize community resources.
- Work collaboratively with other healthcare professionals.
- Take “call” on weekends, holidays and evenings on a rotating
basis and responds to patient needed as appropriate.
- Comply with Livingston HealthCare Policies and Procedures.
- Provide current evidence-based care, education and support for hospice
patients, families and caregivers.
- Document care responsibly and accurately.
- Be able to become competent in electronic medical record.
- Track and record mileage on appropriate form.
- Actively participate in Quality Improvement.
- Accept accountability for own actions.
- Complete Livingston HealthCare annual competencies within assigned time frame.
- Attend and actively participate in all Hospice Interdisciplinary, Quality
Improvement meetings, department staff meetings, in-services and Home
Care team meetings as assigned.
- Be responsible for maintaining agency’s image of quality care by
providing excellent, patient-centered nursing care.
- Attend the first available Hospice Volunteer training class, if not already
- Give talks to community groups as requested in collaboration with Home
- Assist in annual Hospice volunteer training as requested.